Character Dining at Disneyland California
For visitors exploring Disneyland Park during the day, Minnie & Friends Breakfast at Plaza Inn is the only in-park character dining experience.
The Plaza Inn is a charming Victorian-style eatery serving American comfort food with a Disney twist.
Each morning from 8 am to 11 am, guests can enjoy a hearty character breakfast with Minnie Mouse and her pals making the rounds to each table.
Enjoy Mickey waffles, loaded breakfast platters and unlimited items from the buffet station while snapping photos with Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Chip n’ Dale.
The crisp whites, pink hues and Victorian aesthetic of Plaza Inn’s dining room make for unforgettable backdrops for the family photo album.
This experience costs $37 for adults and $23 for kids ages three to nine years.
Reservations are highly recommended and can be made 60 days prior on the Disneyland app or website.
Disneyland California Resort Hotel Character Dining
There are various family-friendly character dining options for visitors staying at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels.
They include special menu items and Disney character appearances in the mornings, evenings or both.
Here are the characters dining at Disneyland California hotels:
Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast Buffet
Located in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel, Storytellers Cafe transports guests into the world of Disney and Pixar stories with colorful nature-inspired décor.
Their character dining buffet is known as one of the best breakfasts at the Resort.
From 7 am to 10.45 am daily, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto and Chip n’ Dale surprise guests during breakfast.
Guests can enjoy an unlimited assortment of breakfast favorites, pastries, omelets and signature “Monte Cristo” French toast sandwiches with berry compote.
The cafe timings are:
- Breakfast: 7 am to 10.45 am (character dining)
- Brunch:11 am to 1.15 pm (character dining)
- Dinner: 4.30 pm to 9:30 pm (no characters)
Pricing starts at $37 for adults and $23 for kids ages three to nine years.
Reservations open 60 days prior.
Disney Princess Breakfast Adventure
For families with little princesses and princes, an unforgettable fine dining experience awaits at Napa Rose in Disney’s Grand Californian.
The award-winning restaurant offers a premium 3-course breakfast where Disney Princesses visit each table for photos and one-on-one interactions.
After choosing an entrée like Chef Mickey Waffles or Braised Short Rib Hash, guests are treated to visits from Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel and others throughout their meal.
Princesses sign autographs, pose for magical family photos and make each child feel special.
Offered daily from 8 am to 12 pm, this experience costs $135 per adult and $85 per child.
Reservations are required as early as 60 days before guaranteeing a spot at the Enchanted Princess Celebration.
Goofy’s Kitchen Character Buffet
No Disney trip is complete without spending time with everyone’s favorite dog – Goofy!
At his namesake restaurant inside the Disneyland Hotel, Goofy joins the fun as families enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet and à la carte options for breakfast and dinner.
In the morning, from 7 am to 1.30 pm, Goofy and pals surprise guests while they fill up on custom omelet stations, Mickey waffles, pastries and more.
During the dinnertime from 5 pm to 9 pm, there’s a carving station, salad bar, mac and cheese, pizza and other family food favorites.
Character visits from Goofy plus Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and others make breakfast and dinner lively and fun-filled.
Pricing starts at $37 per adult and $23 per child for an experience families love to repeat on each trip to the Disneyland Resort.
Reservation Details and Booking Tips
When planning your Disneyland vacation, booking your character dining experiences early is highly recommended. Here are some key tips:
- Reservations open 60 days prior at 6 am PST. Set calendar alerts to hop online and secure your bookings when the diners are open for reservation.
The most popular experiences, like Princess Breakfast, fill up very quickly.
- You can make reservations on the Disneyland app or website under the “Dining” section.
- If your desired time is unavailable, check back often for cancellations. Spots open up frequently in the weeks leading up to your visit.
- Make sure to have valid tickets and hotel confirmation numbers if booking character dining is tied to park entry or onsite hotel stays.
- On the big day, arrive at the restaurant at least 15 minutes before your reservation time.
This gives you time to check in, get seated, and be ready to enjoy every moment of character interaction when they visit your table.
- Disneyland California tickets
- Disneyland California’s opening hours
- Disneyland California Map
- Tips for visiting Disneyland California
- How to reach Disneyland California
- Ride Height Restrictions
- Ride Wait times
- Disneyland California Dining and Shopping
- Disneyland California Parade
- Events in Disneyland California
- Disneyland California Fireworks
- Disneyland California Rides
- Meet and Greet in Disneyland California
- Disneyland California Itinerary
- Disneyland California Entry tickets
FAQs About Character Dining at Disneyland:
1. What is character dining at Disneyland?
Character dining allows Disneyland visitors to enjoy a meal while beloved Disney characters visit each table, pose for photos, interact with kids and enhance the Disney magic.
2. What characters appear at Disneyland’s character dining?
Popular characters like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Disney princesses, Goofy and more appear at Plaza Inn, Storytellers Cafe, Napa Rose Princess Breakfast and Goofy’s Kitchen character dining.
3. Do I need park tickets for character dining at Disneyland hotels?
You only need park tickets if dining at Plaza Inn inside Disneyland Park.
Character dining at the onsite hotels is open to all guests with reservations.
4. Can I take photos with characters during Disneyland character dining?
Yes! Taking photos with characters when they visit your table is highly encouraged. Bring your cameras for photo ops with your meals.
5. Where are the character dining locations at Disneyland?
In-park dining is at Plaza Inn on Main Street USA.
Hotels offering character dining include Storytellers Cafe, Napa Rose and Goofy’s Kitchen at the Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel.
Featured Image: People.com